Friends of the Albert Hall formed in 2007 to oppose intrusive development of the lakeside Albert Hall Heritage Precinct and to return the Hall to public management.
The development plans were withdrawn and the Hall is now under public management – now finally with the opportunity for Canberrans to be part of the process of shaping a strong and vibrant future for this important place.
Our aims are:
- Raising awareness of the national, historical, heritage, social, community, cultural and civic significance of Albert Hall and its Heritage Precinct
- Advocating for community interest in the maintenance, conservation, accessibility and management of Albert Hall and its Heritage Precinct
- Advocating for affordable community, cultural and civic use of Albert Hall and its Heritage Precinct
- Encouraging creative and effective planning and management for a sustainable future for Albert Hall and its Heritage Precinct
- Providing a representative organization for individuals and incorporated associations that support these objectives
Friends of the Albert Hall Inc. Rules